Conversation Do's and Don'ts
- Be confident!
- Step outside of your comfort zone and talk to different groups of people.
- Make it your goal to meet 3 new people every day.
- Join clubs/groups/teams – this is a great way to make friends!
- Pay attention to what classmates are talking about (movies, TV shows, music, etc.). If you don’t know anything about the topic…learn about it!
- Things you have in common – “What did you think about that History test last week?”
- Upcoming events – “What are you planning to dress up as for Halloween this year?”
- Hobbies – “What do you like to do in your spare time?”
- Popular Culture – “What did you think about POPULAR BAND’s new album?”